Surrounding Scenic Spots

The temple was originally built as Yuanshing Temple in 1742 by the Buddhist Master Jinyuan, and was partially destroyed by fire in 1891. In 1892, local gentries advocated for its restoration, but the work was incomplete and poorly carried out by lack of funds. However, the number of worshippers remained as before. The current temple was rebuilt in 1923. The name of the temple comes from Longchuan, or Dragon’s Spring, which is a nearby well that is named “Longmu (Dragon’s Eye).”

Last Updated: 2014-10-16
Back